• Court Claims

    Court Claims

    Zoran Gelic,

    What is a Court “claim”?

    In order to commence civil proceedings before either the Magistrates Court, the District Court or the Supreme Court of Queensland, a party must file a Court document known as a “claim” with the relevant Court registry. A claim is an “

  • Court Applications

    Court Applications

    Zoran Gelic,

    When can a party commence Court proceedings by way of a Court application?

    A Court proceeding must be started by claim unless the Uniform Civil Procedure Rule 1999 (Qld) (‘UCPR’) or other legislation (‘Act’) require or permit the proceeding to be

  • Subject to Finance Approval

    Subject to Finance Approval

    Alice Skalski,

    If you are looking to buy a house, a unit or vacant land in Queensland, it is not uncommon to require finance from a bank to fund the purchase. Provided the Seller agrees to enter

    Posted in Property Law
  • Commercial and retail leases

    Commercial and retail leases

    Zoran Gelic,

    Commercial Leases

    A commercial lease is a legally binding agreement pursuant to which the landlord agrees to grant the tenant a right of possession of a commercial premises for a period of time on terms and conditions agreed by both parties. Typically, a commercial lease will be in writing and contain

    Posted in Commerical Law
  • Residential Contract of Sale

    Residential Contract of Sale

    Alice Skalski,

    The most common method of purchasing a house, an apartment or vacant land in Queensland is by private treaty with the Seller.

    Unlike a sale by auction (where the contract of

    Posted in Property Law