• Retail shop lease costs

    Retail shop lease costs

    Zoran Gelic,
    Lessee’s liability for costs associated with the retail shop lease A lessee under a retail shop lease is not liable to pay any amount for the lessor’s legal or other expenses in relation to the following: preparing, renewing or extending the retail shop lease; obtaining the consent of a mortgagee of the lessor; the lessor’s […]
    Posted in Commerical Law
  • Retail shop lease outgoings

    Retail shop lease outgoings

    Zoran Gelic,
    Meaning of ‘outgoings’ Under the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld) (the ‘Act’), a lessor’s outgoings for a retail shopping centre or leased building are: the lessor’s reasonable expenses directly attributable to the operation, maintenance or repair of the centre or building and areas (associated areas) used in association with the centre or building; and […]
    Posted in Commerical Law
  • Buyer’s deposit obligations

    Buyer’s deposit obligations

    Alice Skalski,
    In Queensland, if you, as the Buyer, enter a standard contract of sale for the purchase of a house and land (using, most commonly, the ‘REIQ Contract for Houses and Residential Land (15th Ed)’ or in respect of the purchase of an apartment or townhouse, the ‘REIQ Contract for Residential Lots in a Community Titles Scheme […]
    Posted in Property Law