Company Law

We advise companies, directors and shareholders.

For example, we will advise our clients about:

  • Business structuring (company vs. trust vs. other legal structure)
  • Powers, rights and responsibilities of a company, director or shareholder under the company constitution, trust deed and shareholder agreement
  • Powers of a company, director or and shareholder under the Corporations Act and other legislation
  • Issuing shares and raising equity or debt capital
  • Complying with internal administration requirements for a company
  • External administration options for a company in the event of insolvency (including, for example, entering voluntary administration and a deed of company arrangement with creditors)
  • rights against the Australian Securities and Investments Commissions
  • rights against the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
  • rights against the Australian Taxation Office (including, for example, dealing with director penalty notices).

Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at [email protected] if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in any of these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office with one of our experienced lawyers.

Latest Articles


    Enforceability of Land Covenants

    A covenant, in the context of, or in relation to, land, is a reference to an obligation concerning the land, whether that obligation be positive or negative (i.e. restrictive) in nature. The purpose of land covenants is generally to preserve the value of the land and to protect its

    more …

    Principles of Contract Construction

    It is almost inevitable. A contract, whether commercial or consumer in nature, is bound to have a word, phrase, provision, part or section which is not entirely clear and gives rise to more than one reasonable interpretation.

    This is where most disputes between parties will occur. 

    more …

    A Few Things You Should Know

    If you are buying a property management rent roll from another real estate agency or a book of clients from either a mortgage broker or financial planner, you can, and should, use a business contract with special conditions specifically drafted to cover transactions of this

    more …