Building and construction disputes
Our building dispute lawyers in Brisbane have years of industry experience in dispute resolution law, focusing on mitigating risks, and providing cost-effective legal solutions to our clients. We focus on resolving your issue through solutions like negotiation, mediation, adjudication and arbitration (including, if possible, through the QBCC) to ensure you avoid a lengthy and costly litigation process, though we are prepared to represent you if need be.
We understand better than anyone the discretion that’s necessary when settling disputes. By choosing ADVIILAW, you can trust that our building dispute lawyers in Brisbane will personally handle your case and avoid delegating to juniors — we recognise the meticulous attention to detail required when handling your business.
We’re certainly no stranger to building and construction disputes, a common area of legal practice for our law firm. We recognise that construction disputes can be complex, and involve technical legal, factual and evidentiary issues. That’s why our lawyers have extensive experience in all areas of construction law, from construction defects to delay claims and payment disputes. Let’s take a closer look at some of the ways we help our clients:
- Domestic building contract disputes — If you’re a homeowner experiencing delays or poor workmanship and wish to dispute a building contract’s terms, conditions or performance, we’re here to help. Our Brisbane building dispute lawyers will help both parties resolve the dispute as efficiently and effectively as possible via negotiations, mediation, and invoking a government authority process, including escalating the matter before a court or tribunal if that is ultimately required.
- Commercial construction contracts disputes — Whether you’re an owner, project developer, builder, architect, engineer or supplier involved in building a commercial property, we’re here to handle disputes at any stage of the construction process. That includes a breach of contract, delays, defective work, change in scope and payment disputes.
- Subcontractor disputes — If you’re a subcontractor disputing a claim over outstanding debts from a builder, main contractor or head contractor, we’re here to provide legal advice to help both parties attempt to resolve the dispute.
- Payment claim disputes — If you’re a builder or subcontractor wanting to issue a payment claim dispute against the other party to demand payment for work performed or materials provided, our team is here to assist.
- The Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) adjudication dispute — Are you a builder, subcontractor or homeowner disputing the quality of domestic or commercial building works or disputing payment? Our Brisbane building dispute lawyers will help you through the QBCC adjudication to avoid litigation.
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) construction disputes — Whether you’re a builder, subcontractor or homeowner filing a claim with QCAT for the final determination of a commercial or domestic building dispute, from workmanship defects to payment disputes, our team can also assist you with your case.
- Variation disputes — If you’re a builder or property owner disputing a change in the scope of work originally agreed upon in the contract, such as additional materials or labour to complete the project and cannot agree on the variation cost, that’s where we come in.
- Fixed contract price disputes — Are you a builder requesting a variation to the contract price due to the increased cost of labour and materials to complete the project, which has gone beyond the initial agreed-upon price? Or are you a property owner disputing this claim? Our Brisbane building dispute lawyers will represent you, and help resolve your fixed contract price dispute. Completion
- Completion or delay disputes — Has your builder failed to complete the project by the agreed-upon deadline? Or are you dissatisfied with the completed work by the builder? If you and the opposing party are disputing who is responsible for the building delays, our lawyers will provide you with the necessary legal advice to understand your contractual and legal rights and advise you on how best to proceed.
- Structural or non-structural defects disputes — If you wish to lodge a complaint with the QBCC regarding defective building works undertaken by the builder, whether structural or non-structural in nature, or claim under the QBCC home warranty insurance scheme, who better than our Brisbane building dispute lawyers to assist you through the process?
- Negligence disputes — If you’re undergoing a dispute about whether a subcontractor’s work is negligent, our Brisbane building dispute lawyers have the necessary experience to help investigate the case and establish evidence, or lack thereof, of negligence.
Reach out to our Brisbane building dispute lawyers at ADVIILAW today
If you’re experiencing a building dispute, our Brisbane building dispute lawyers at ADVIILAW will work closely with you to explore all available options for resolving the dispute, including negotiation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration or litigation. Resolve your building dispute with clear, informative guidance from our experienced professionals. We conduct ourselves with integrity, transparency and professionalism every time and take the time to get to know you and ensure your needs are met.
Contact us today if you need a building dispute lawyer in Brisbane or require a commercial lawyer.