EXPERIENCE. TRUST. SOUND ADVICE.
We represent our clients in areas of defamation law and injurious falsehood.
For example, we will:
- advise our clients about:
- the meaning of defamation
- the meaning of slander and libel
- the implications of malice
- who has standing to bring an action for defamation
- justification, honest opinion and other defences to defamation
- the distinction between defamation and injurious falsehood
- the time limitations under the Defamation Act 2005 (Qld)
- issue cease and desist letters:
- in respect of defamatory publications
- requesting apologies and other action
- commence Court proceeding seeking:
Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at email@example.com if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.
Starting a Court action
Retail shop lease costsLessee’s liability for costs associated with the retail shop lease A lessee under a retail shop lease is not liable to pay any amount for the lessor’s legal or other expenses in relation to the following: preparing, renewing or extending the retail shop lease; obtaining the consent of a mortgagee of the lessor; the lessor’s […] more …
Retail shop lease outgoingsMeaning of ‘outgoings’ Under the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld) (the ‘Act’), a lessor’s outgoings for a retail shopping centre or leased building are: the lessor’s reasonable expenses directly attributable to the operation, maintenance or repair of the centre or building and areas (associated areas) used in association with the centre or building; and […] more …