We represent our clients in areas of defamation law and injurious falsehood.
For example, we will:
- advise our clients about:
- the meaning of defamation
- the meaning of slander and libel
- the implications of malice
- who has standing to bring an action for defamation
- justification, honest opinion and other defences to defamation
- the distinction between defamation and injurious falsehood
- the time limitations under the Defamation Act 2005 (Qld)
- issue cease and desist letters:
- in respect of defamatory publications
- requesting apologies and other action
- commence Court proceeding seeking:
Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at [email protected] if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.
YOUR TRUSTED LAWYERSCONTACT OUR TEAM Book Appointment
Retaining Wall Disputes in Queensland
If you and your neighbour are having a dispute about who has responsibility for the maintenance, repair or replacement of a retaining wall dividing the properties, this article will give you valuable insight into the legal landscape governing retaining walls in Queensland and what your options may be to resolve the dispute.more …
Show Cause and Enforcement Notices issued under the Building Act 1975 (Qld)
Your rights to respond to, or appeal, a Show Cause Notice or an Enforcement Notice issued by a relevant authority under the Building Act 1975 (Qld).
Your local government (or relevant authorities) play an important role in ensuring that any building, structure, or building works, constructed ormore …
Telecommunication Towers and Low-Impact Facilities
Your rights to object to, or seek compensation in respect of, the installation of telecommunication infrastructure.
We rely so heavily on electronic communications these days (to conduct our professional, business and personal affairs) that we, as a society, collectively, appear to accept nothing less than absolute perfection on the issue of the speed,more …