EXPERIENCE. TRUST. SOUND ADVICE.
We represent our clients in areas of defamation law and injurious falsehood.
For example, we will:
- advise our clients about:
- the meaning of defamation
- the meaning of slander and libel
- the implications of malice
- who has standing to bring an action for defamation
- justification, honest opinion and other defences to defamation
- the distinction between defamation and injurious falsehood
- the time limitations under the Defamation Act 2005 (Qld)
- issue cease and desist letters:
- in respect of defamatory publications
- requesting apologies and other action
- commence Court proceeding seeking:
Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at email@example.com if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.
COVENANTS AFFECTING LAND
Enforceability of Land Covenants
A covenant, in the context of, or in relation to, land, is a reference to an obligation concerning the land, whether that obligation be positive or negative (i.e. restrictive) in nature. The purpose of land covenants is generally to preserve the value of the land and to protect itsmore …
Principles of Contract Construction
It is almost inevitable. A contract, whether commercial or consumer in nature, is bound to have a word, phrase, provision, part or section which is not entirely clear and gives rise to more than one reasonable interpretation.
This is where most disputes between parties will occur.more …
BUYING A RENT ROLL OR CLIENT BOOK
A Few Things You Should Know
If you are buying a property management rent roll from another real estate agency or a book of clients from either a mortgage broker or financial planner, you can, and should, use a business contract with special conditions specifically drafted to cover transactions of thismore …