EXPERIENCE. TRUST. SOUND ADVICE.
We assist clients with all transactional and dispute resolution aspects of property law.
For example, we will:
- assist our clients with purchasing or selling vacant land, residential or commercial property
- register plans for sealing with the Land Titles Office
- register easements with the Land Titles Office
- register caveats with the Land Titles Office
- off-the-plan contracts
- contracts for sale of land with special conditions
- joint venture or partnership development agreements
- vendor finance agreements
- review and advise upon bank guarantee and indemnity documents
- advise our clients about:
- building contracts and other agreements relating to land
- their rights under the Property Law Act 1974 (Qld), the Land Title Act 1994 (Qld) and other legislation
- assist our clients to remove caveats
- assist our clients with boundary, dividing fences, retaining walls and encroachments disputes
If you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation with us, kindly contact us on 07 3088 7937 or email us at email@example.com.
COVENANTS AFFECTING LAND
Enforceability of Land Covenants
A covenant, in the context of, or in relation to, land, is a reference to an obligation concerning the land, whether that obligation be positive or negative (i.e. restrictive) in nature. The purpose of land covenants is generally to preserve the value of the land and to protect itsmore …
Principles of Contract Construction
It is almost inevitable. A contract, whether commercial or consumer in nature, is bound to have a word, phrase, provision, part or section which is not entirely clear and gives rise to more than one reasonable interpretation.
This is where most disputes between parties will occur.more …
BUYING A RENT ROLL OR CLIENT BOOK
A Few Things You Should Know
If you are buying a property management rent roll from another real estate agency or a book of clients from either a mortgage broker or financial planner, you can, and should, use a business contract with special conditions specifically drafted to cover transactions of thismore …