EXPERIENCE. TRUST. SOUND ADVICE.
We assist our clients to protect, licence and sell their intellectual property in the areas of trademarks, copyright and registered designs.
For example, we will:
- advise our clients about:
- the nature and creation of intellectual property
- the rights of a trade mark owner
- the rights of a copyright owner
- the rights of a registered design owner
- the nature of confidential information
- the Trade Marks Act 1995 (Cth)
- the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- the Designs Act 2003 (Cth)
- issue trade mark or copyright infringement notices
- register trade marks:
- in Australia
- internationally under the Madrid Protocol
- prepare intellectual property assignment or licence agreements
Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at email@example.com if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.
Starting a Court actionWhere can I start my Court action? A proceeding in a Court may be started in any central registry of the Court. Under the Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999 (Qld) (‘UCPR’), ‘central registry’ means: for the Supreme Court of Queensland, the registry of the court at Brisbane, Rockhampton, Townsville or Cairns; or for the District […] more …
Retail shop lease costsLessee’s liability for costs associated with the retail shop lease A lessee under a retail shop lease is not liable to pay any amount for the lessor’s legal or other expenses in relation to the following: preparing, renewing or extending the retail shop lease; obtaining the consent of a mortgagee of the lessor; the lessor’s […] more …
Retail shop lease outgoingsMeaning of ‘outgoings’ Under the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld) (the ‘Act’), a lessor’s outgoings for a retail shopping centre or leased building are: the lessor’s reasonable expenses directly attributable to the operation, maintenance or repair of the centre or building and areas (associated areas) used in association with the centre or building; and […] more …