Intellectual Property

We assist our clients to protect, licence and sell their intellectual property in the areas of trademarks, copyright and registered designs.

For example, we will:

  • advise our clients about:
    • the nature and creation of intellectual property
    • the rights of a trade mark owner
    • the rights of a copyright owner
    • the rights of a registered design owner
    • the nature of confidential information
    • the Trade Marks Act 1995 (Cth)
    • the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
    • the Designs Act 2003 (Cth)
  • issue trade mark or copyright infringement notices
  • register trade marks:
    • in Australia
    • internationally under the Madrid Protocol
  • prepare intellectual property assignment or licence agreements

Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at admin@adviilaw.com.au if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.

Latest Articles

  • Contract Interpretation

    Principles of Contract Construction

    It is almost inevitable. A contract, whether commercial or consumer in nature, is bound to have a word, phrase, provision, part or section which is not entirely clear and gives rise to more than one reasonable interpretation.

    This is where most disputes between parties will occur. 

    more …
  • Buying a Rent Roll or Client Book

    A Few Things You Should Know

    If you are buying a property management rent roll from another real estate agency or a book of clients from either a mortgage broker or financial planner, you can, and should, use a business contract with special conditions specifically drafted to cover transactions of this

    more …
  • Testamentary Discretionary Trusts

    Every Will should have them

    These days almost every family estate will benefit from having family testamentary discretionary trusts incorporated into the parents’ wills. This is because the family will either have a valuable family home to pass down to the kids, jewellery, paintings and other heirlooms or either, or both,

    more …