EXPERIENCE. TRUST. SOUND ADVICE.
We advise employers and employees on their rights, duties and liabilities under employment legislation, industry awards and employment agreements.
For example, we will:
- advise employers about:
- the entitlements of casual, part-time and full-time employees
- the distinction between an employee and independent contractor
- their obligations during employment
- their obligations to terminate employment lawfully
- the employee’s obligations following termination of employment
- their remedies at law
- issue cease and desist letters for breaches of the employment agreement
- advise employees about their remedies at law
- represent employees in respect of any unpaid entitlements
- prepare casual, part-time and full-time employment agreements
- prepare independent contractor and subcontractor agreements
Contact us today on 07 3088 7937 or email us at email@example.com if you require legal advice, assistance or representation in these areas, or would like to arrange an initial consultation at our office to discuss your matter.
Principles of Contract Construction
It is almost inevitable. A contract, whether commercial or consumer in nature, is bound to have a word, phrase, provision, part or section which is not entirely clear and gives rise to more than one reasonable interpretation.
This is where most disputes between parties will occur.more …
Buying a Rent Roll or Client Book
A Few Things You Should Know
If you are buying a property management rent roll from another real estate agency or a book of clients from either a mortgage broker or financial planner, you can, and should, use a business contract with special conditions specifically drafted to cover transactions of thismore …
Testamentary Discretionary Trusts
Every Will should have them
These days almost every family estate will benefit from having family testamentary discretionary trusts incorporated into the parents’ wills. This is because the family will either have a valuable family home to pass down to the kids, jewellery, paintings and other heirlooms or either, or both,more …